Painter, architect, theatre designer and graphic artist. Studied at Institute of Civil Engineers, St Petersburg (1909-12), studio of Yuon, Moscow (1907-10) and studio of Tsionglinsky, St Petersburg (1909-11). From 1909 participated in exhibitions. Worked in Tatlin’s studio, Moscow (1912-14). Visited Italy (1913-14). Designed decorations for Red Square for 1 May 1918 with Viktor Vesnin. Member of INKHUK (from 1921). Taught at VHUTEMAS (1921-5), and Moscow Architectural Institute (from 1930). In 1921 participated in exhibition of Constructivists, 5×5=25 and was one of leaders of Constructivist movement. From this time, stopped painting and devoted himself entirely to design and architecture. Member of architectural group OSA and editor of journal Sovremennaya Arkhitektura [Contemporary Architecture]. Together with his brothers designed first Soviet bank notes (1918). Work for Tairov’s Kamerny [Chamber] Theatre (1922-3). Designed building for newspaper Leningradskaya Pravda [Leningrad Pravda], Moscow (1924), department store at Krasnaya Presnya, Moscow (1927). Brother of Leonid and Viktor Vesnin.