Painter, graphic artist and theatre and film designer. Studied at First Artist Studio, Leningrad, and State Institute for History of Art. Illustrated for magazines Rezets [Chisel], Stroyka [Building], Yunyy Proletariy [Young Proletariat], and designed for cinema. Worked at School of Analytical Art of Filonov (1930). From 1943 lived and worked in Kazakhstan. Exhabited from early 1930s. Taught at Art School, Alma Ata, and Kazakh State University.